- To promote plant study through interactive knowledge exchange among experienced botanists, young scientists and biodiversity enthusiasts
- To educate the public and conservationists on the status of plant species diversity and their role in socio economic development
- To promote plant species conservation
The committee organizes lectures on plants, plans and leads outings for specialists and broad interest groups, disseminates plant information through publications and actively interacts with schools, environmental and conservation groups.
- Core team:
- Geoffrey Mwachala - Patron
- Paul Kirika - Chair
- Itambo Malombe - Treasurer
- Judith Nyamai - Secretary
Upcoming events & activities
The group carries out quarterly field visits (mainly in the rainy seasons). To join our events, watch this space
Contact us at email@example.com for more info!
Plants Committee outing at Uhuru Gardens, Nairobi by John Kimeu
Euphorbia brevitorta – A rare succulent that grows in rocky dry bushland by John Kimeu
A Guide to the plants of Nairobi City Park published by Plant Committee is available at Nature Kenya shop for Ksh. 650