Samaki Working Group
Samaki working Group
Samaki Working Group of Kenya was formed in February 2005. Our goal is to create a forum that brings together fish enthusiasts to create awareness on fish and enhance sustainable use and conservation of fisheries resources in Kenya.
- Create a forum for fish lovers such as aquaculturulists, taxonomists, researchers, academicians, fishermen to network and share information
- Promote fish conservation through training in fish biology.
- Create public awareness on various matters involving fishes, including past initiatives and activities
- Promote fish consumption as an alternative source of protein and other nutrients
- Produce and disseminate materials on the distribution of fish in various parts of Kenya to enhance ecotourism
- Samaki Days (Fish sampling and identification) every first Thursday of the Month. Pay Ksh. 50 and meet at the National Museum of Kenya car park at 9:30a.m
- Fish excursions
- Interactive workshops
- Organize fish talks/ lectures
- Participate in national environment days
Details on these activities will normally be given in the Nature Kenya newsletter - Nature net