Overnight camping trip to the Aberdares National Park on Friday 30th to Saturday 31st March 2018
Aberdare National park is on the southern end of the Aberdares Ranges, about 90km north of Nairobi and west of Mt Kenya in the central highlands between Nyeri and Naivasha.
During the trip, we will access the park via Mutubio Gate. We plan to enjoy game drive, an overnight camping, sit around a warm bonfire in the delightful and nature-filled park. We shall explore the park’s stunning landscape; enjoy a 14Km mild hike in its beautiful nature trails, watch wildlife and the abundance of different birdlife that our guides will help you identify.
The Hiking trails
Some parts of the Aberdare National Park walking trail are covered by a canopy of towering bamboo, the trail levels off and the Bamboo thins out as you get to the alpine zone, characterized by the stunning array of outlandish flora that leads you to see spectacular Karuru waterfalls.
The park provides a habitat over 250 species of birds, elephants, black rhinos, leopards, spotted hyenas, olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, buffalos, warthogs and bushbucks among others. Rare sightings include those of the Giant Forest hog, bongo, golden cat, serval cat, African wild cat, African civet cat and the blue duiker.
- 0830 hr - Meet at NMK outside Fisheries Department
- 0900 hr - Depart for Aberdare
- 1230 hr - Stop over for lunch
- 1400 hr - Proceed to Aberdare NP for game viewing as we head to set up camp
- 1830 hr - Evening meal and sleep over at the camp
- 0630 hr -Breakfast
- 0700 hr -Start hiking, bird watching & site seeing.
- 1400 hr -Lunch to be served at the camp
- 1530 hr -Depart for Nairobi
- 1800 hr -Time expected in Nairobi
Trip Cost Ksh.10,400/- per person
- Transport in a safari vehicle,
- Scrumptious meals (lunch & Dinner on 30th, Breakfast & lunch on 31st),
- Drinking water,
- Park entrance fees (citizens only),
- Guide & Guard fees
- Camping gear.
Book now by contacting Norman on 0739 200 216 / email@example.com
Payment /payment deadline
You can pay for the trip by cash at Nature Kenya Office, by M-pesa to business number 100300 (put “Aberdare NP ” as the account. Payment to be made latest by 23rd March 2018.