Aberdare National park is on the southern end of the Aberdares Ranges, about 90km north of Nairobi and west of Mt Kenya in the central highlands between Nyeri and Naivasha.
During the trip we will access the park using Mutubio gate and enjoy game drives as we head overnight camping within the park. On 30th starting 07:00 am, we shall start the hike and explore the Aberdares National park, enjoy game viewing, picturesque sceneries, beautiful nature trails and the abundance of different birdlife that our guide will help you identify
The Hiking trails
Some parts of the Aberdare National Park walking trail are covered by a canopy of towering bamboo, the trail levels off and the Bamboo thins out as you get to the alpine zone, characterized by the stunning array of outlandish flora that leads you to see spectacular Karuru waterfalls.
The park provides a habitat over 250 species of birds, elephants, black rhinos, leopards, spotted hyenas, olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, buffalos, warthogs and bushbucks among others. Rare sightings include those of the Giant Forest hog, bongo, golden cat, serval cat, African wild cat, African civet cat and the blue duiker.
- 0830 hr - Meet at NMK outside Fisheries Department
- 0900 hr - Depart for Aberdare
- 1230 hr - Stop over for lunch
- 1400 hr - Proceed to Aberdare NP for game viewing as we head to set up camp
- 1800 hr - Evening meal and sleep over at the camp
- 0630 hr -Breakfast
- 0700 hr -Start hiking, bird watching & site seeing.
- 1330 hr -Lunch to be served at the camp
- 1430 hr -Depart for Nairobi
- 1730 hr -Time expected in Nairobi
Ksh 8,800/- per person
Transport in a tour vehicle, drinking water, Meals (lunch & Dinner on 29th, Breakfast, & lunch on 30th, Park entrance fees (citizens only) Guide & Guard fees and camping gear
If a member cancels a reservation as detailed below, the following sums will be claimed.
- If cancelled within 5 days prior – 50% of the total sum payable is due
- If cancelled three days to the trip or fails to show up– Full payment is due
Notification must be made in writing and will be effective on the date received
Payment /payment deadline
You can pay for the trip by cash at Nature Kenya Office, by M-pesa to business number 100300 (put “Aberdare NP ” as the account